Thursday, January 15, 2009

Playing Catch Up.

So as i said before i have a list in my head of all the things i need to catch up on for this blog. So here it goes....



Sophie is now four months old weighing in at 12.5 lbs and 25 inches long. She changes every day and I'm trying my best to soak it all in. She is such a happy baby. Sophie likes to hear her own voice by "talking" and Matt is really good at getting her to giggle, she is super ticklish. Besides a flare up of eczema every now and then ( if any of you moms out there have any secrets to keep eczema away...please share) the Doctor said she is doing great.



The holidays were wonderful...Thanksgiving was delicious and Christmas time was busy but festive, and boy did we get spoiled. From baking gingerbread to Siegfried's to Sophie's first visit with Santa to getting together with friends and family we had lots of fun and loads of yummy food. (yummy food is always of utmost importance on my list)



New years was fun as well. We hung out with our friends, made dinner, watched football and stayed up late to bang pots and pans on the front porch at the stroke of midnight. As for any new years resolutions...I think they are too cliche so I didn't really make any. I figure if i want to make a change in my life i can do it any time....I don't need January 1st to roll around.



We had a chance to go to the body worlds exhibit. It was interesting to see how complex the human body really is. My favorite part was the human embryos. It's hard to believe we all started out that way.



I wanted to give a shout out to my sister in law Ali who is recently engaged to a really great guy Stephen. I am so excited for the both of you!!! You are going to love the married life, it really is the most fun! I love you guys :)

I decided to cut my hair to a little shorter than shoulder length. Sophie is always grabbing and pulling on it and I've always had a tender head. I loved my long hair but hair grows...so i can have it back any time, especially since my little sister does hair extensions.



And last but not least a special hello to Ben, Jen and Pierce in far far away Alabama. I miss you guys so much and i can't wait to see you in a month or so. XOXO :)

3 comments:

Connie said...

It's good to see you blogging again. : )

The Finlinson's said...

you are lacking in the picture area still. I want to see cute pictures of that sophie. I really want to see a cute picture of your haircut. We need to do something again.

Benjamin and Jennie said...

We miss you guys too!!! Three weeks from Friday!!! Can't wait to hang out:)