Thursday, October 9, 2008

Being pregnant was the easy part.




So here we are with a new baby and at times I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Looking back I realized being pregnant was the easiest part of motherhood. Many of you have been with me through this pregnancy since day one, so as you know I really had quite a pleasant 9 months. I never got morning sickness, I didn't get the swollen feet, and as far as I know I didn't become a crazy demanding emotional beast of a woman. If there was any extra emotion going on I seemed to get the giggles over almost anything. Just ask my sister. Everything was funny to me...don't know why, it just was.

So here I was this morning up at 3AM wondering why I was so eager to go into labor. Maybe this is payback for the easy time I had during pregnancy. Labor and delivery wasn't too bad either. It was actually a very positive experience for me. From the time my water broke at home, to the delivery took only 5 1/2 hours. And it wasn't near as hard as I thought it would be (once I got the epidural of course). So I thought I would post a few pictures of my pregnant self being what seems to be a distant past of a well rested Katie and Matt.

7 comments:

Sam and Jess said...

cute pictures Katie and Matt. Thanks for going to lunch the other day, we really need to do it more often.

Anonymous said...

Wait...you have always been a crazy, demanding emotional beast of a woman...

Dan and Jen said...

Hey-I found your blog from Connie's. If I looked as good pregnant as you did, I would have done pictures like that too. But alas, my pregnant self is not too picture-worthy. It is slightly frightening and perhaps I should not be allowed out of the house for nine months so as not to embarrass myself or family. :) Cute blog!

Zanny said...

Such a babe are you! A babe who gave birth to one! Ha ha! You're such a sweetie. I can't wait to meet Sophie. As soon as I'm over my yucky nasty cold, let's get together!

Benjamin and Jennie said...

these pregnancy pictures are amazing and will be fun to look back on.... you were absolutely beautiful...

Monica said...

These pictures are beautiful! Post some pictures of that little baby now!

blake and mckelle said...

hey guys...I LOVE these pictures of you! Send me your e-mail address, Im locking my blog in a few days. Our blog is blakandmckelle.blogspot.com

or you can send it to my e-mail, mckelleb@gmail.com